A little last minute, I know, but here is my better-late-than-never #ECOMilkComp entry:
Chocolate Pudding Pie with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream, on Rooibos-Vanilla Graham Cracker Crust.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Just Us organic sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups homogenized (3.5% m.f.) East Coast Organic Milk
- 100 grams Just Us dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Just Us dark chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
Rooibis-Vanilla Graham Cracker Crust:
- 14 graham crackers finely ground
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Just Us organic sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons Just Us organic loose leaf rooibos tea
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup organic heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 2 tablespoons smooth organic peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons Just Us organic sugar
Step-by-Step Recipe Instructions (follow along in the photo gallery below):
Do the graham cracker crust first. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pulse the crackers, butter, salt, tea and vanilla in a food processor until combined. Press firmly into a 9 or 9.5-inch pie plate (with nonstick spray). Bake until fragrant and edges are golden, about 12 minutes. Let cool.
Next, the chocolate pudding filling. Whisk together cornstarch, sugar and salt in a 2-quart heavy saucepan, then gradually whisk in the milk. Place it on the stove. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, then boil (you will see bubbles and feel it start to thicken at this point), keep whisking for about two minutes, until the consistency of thick pudding. Remove from heat, and immediately whisk in all the finely chopped dark chocolate, and vanilla until smooth.
Pour filling into cooled shell and chill, its surface covered with plastic wrap, until cold, at least two hours. I did mine overnight.
Lastly, the peanut butter whipped cream. This one is easy. If you have a mixer, attach the whisk, pour the heavy cream in, add peanut butter and sugar, then mix on medium-fast until you have stiff whipped cream. You can also whisk by hand.
Top the pie with your whipped cream, and enjoy!